Our Business Rates Audit service could enable you to recover business rates refunds going back many years and over multiple Revaluations. It even covers properties that you no longer occupy.
Historic errors can occur on business rates accounts for a variety of reasons and often go undetected. Some common errors include:
• Incorrect application of transitional relief
• Unclaimed credit balances
• Failure to issue transitional certificates
• Failure to apply material change in circumstance allowances
• Failure to apply charitable relief
• Failure to process Rateable Value reductions
• Unenforceable backdated rates bills
We have recovered many millions of pounds on behalf of our clients through our forensic approach to auditing past business rates bills.
If you’d like our specialist team to review your business rate liability to ensure you’ve paid the right amount, contact us today or upload a copy of your rates bill for a no obligation rates review.